Sunday, November 1, 2009

SSCC # 11 - Deut. 31:8

Good Sunday Morning!! Today starts another chanllenge week over at Stampin' Sisters in Christ. We've been getting so many many wonderful entries and I enjoy seeing what you all create.

This weeks sponsor is none other than Cornish Heritage Farms. CHF carries unique stamp collections, such as Thomas Kinkade, Saturday Evening Post, and Elvis, plus artists like Mona Lisa Moments and the Kim Hughes Collection...in addition to their own awesome line of stamps. They also offer a wide variety of paper crafting tools, accessories, cardstock and designer paper...a one-stop shop! Plus there will be an awsome prize for one lucky winner. Go check it out over at SSCC.

Pamela Young is our hostess this week and the verse she chose is Deuteronomy 31:8 "The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."

Pamela's challenge for us is to create something about when God is "unseen". (ie. scrapbook LO that reminds you that God is always with you; a card to encourage a friend and remind them that God is with them; or something to hang on your wall.

Here is what I came up with...

I must say that it is a comfort to know that God IS always with us, guiding us, encouraging us. There are many times in my life that I forget that and then I remind myself that he really is here for me, for all of us. Which is why I love this verse. Thanks Pamela for chosing this one:)

Now it's your turn...Head on over to SSCC and see what the other Sisters' have created and maybe you'll be inspired too!!

Thanks for dropping by. Have a Super Blessed Day!!

Photobucket

10 comments:

peggysue said...

I have to say I often forget too how near God is, I'm thankful for the reminders from our fellow sisters in Christ and from everything around us that he is always nearer than we realize. Beautiful card, I like the floral embellishment and the scrolly thing in the corner. :)

Kristine said...

Beautfiul Kathy! Love this verse too, and I love your corner embellie and your DP--VERY PRETTY!! :)

Anonymous said...

You are so right about the comfort that God sends our way. Your card design is amazing.

Ceal said...

so pretty. I think we all have to be reminded that God cares for us more than we can fathom

Zhenya and Nika Aksutin said...

Hello, dear Kathy! My name is Nika! I so like your blog! We are from Russia. My husband and I to work with students. We organize many clubs to construct attitudes friendship and to speak them about the Christ. I have ladys club, we to do hand made cards, scrapbook, quilt and crosstitch. It is good opportunity to testify about our God and His love! Every Saturday I have craft club for ladyes. We do cards, quilt, crochet, cross stitch too. It very not usual and new to Russian culture. I to study from different blogs how to make cards, made quilt and to use different technics. We are missionary to the Far East Russia. We are russian. We live in city Birobidzhan, it is the Jewish region in Russia. A lot of Jews live here. They have synagogues and to celebrate religious holidays. But many of them do not know the Christ. We have 2 daughters. Polina is 9 years and Liliya is 3 years.And if you are interesting about us I shall be glad give answer to you. I will glad if you can write me.Sorry my English. May I ask if you can send some stamps for our club?
Nika
--
You can vizit to my blog http://christforchristglory.blogspot.com
and our family ministry blog
http://fareastrussiaforgodsglory

Candace said...

I love your card, Kathy, especially that corner flourish! It is all so beautiful!

Christi said...

Your card is so beautiful! I love it!

Davi said...

Kathy, your card is sooo pretty. I really like your colors and the lovely dp background and the great embellishments especially the fun flower!! Wonderful comfort knowing that we are never alone isn't it!!

Helen said...

Such a pretty card! I especially love the corner and the rhinestones on the verse! Beautiful!
Blessings!
~H

Pamela said...

Just wanted to pop in and tell you that I really love this card!!! :)