Sunday, October 25, 2009

SSCC #10 - Watering Can

Good Morning!! Welcome to our 10th challenge at Stampin' Sisters in Christ. We are so blessed that so many of you participate each week, we just want to thank you for your support.
Our sponsor this week is the Rubber Stamp Shack , owned by Barbara and John DiPrizio. They are graciously donating the Scriptures stamp sheet #16. Thank you for that donation.

Our host for this week is Laurie . She is one of our newest DT sisters and we are blessed to have her on board. Laurie chose the verse from I Chronicles 16:34 “Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.”

The challenge for you this week is to make a card that expresses your thankfulness for someone or something they have done or to make a card that encourages someone to be thankful.

This is a wonderful challenge that I know many people will enjoy doing. Each one of us has someone in our lives that we want to express our thankfulness to. I know I do:). So here is my project I came up with...

I made this watering can from the SCS weekly inkling #181. I found this tutorial here. It's just the perfect gift to give someone that I'm thankful for. I know they'll enjoy this. I added pearls at the bottom and on each point of the flourish. I punched out some flowers and added some 'dum dum' suckers to complete the watering can.

Now it's your turn to create an amazing card/project. Can't wait to see what you do. Please visit the SSCC blog and see what the other DT sisters have created.

Thanks for stopping by!!

Photobucket

11 comments:

Davi said...

Kathy, this is just so fun and cute. A wonderful thank you for someone. I love your flourishes, the flowers , all the different colors and dp. The fun and colorful candies are a perfect finish!!

Candace said...

Kathy, this is AWESOME! I was just looking at the watering can tutorial and gallery on SCS last week but yours is the cutest one I've seen so far. Wouldn't these make precious Mother's Day gifts, too? Love it! I've got to add this to my list of techniques to try. Have a great day!

Kristine said...

THIS Totally ROCKS Kathy! LOVE all your details on it!! What a fantastic idea for a gift and I just love the fun colors and everything. YUM-O! =) OOOO, yes, this would be perfect for a Mother's Day gift!! I'm it! I called it first!! LOL - just kidding. Actually, I just might if you don't make it over here to give it in person, cause... I'm pretty sure this would not mail well, LOL But it was a great thought! Love ya sis! ♥

peggysue said...

This is an amazing project, I could hardly wait for it to appear on the blog once I saw it in the gallery, so everyone could enjoy it! The pearls and detail and color on it, wonderful! It is bursting with joy and will make someone very happy as a thank you remembrance.

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Kathy, you totally knocked my socks off with this one! Talk about hitting it out of the ballpark! All your details and decorations make this super special...just like you!

Hugs,
Lisa

Pamela said...

This is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! Simply Fabulous! :)

Anonymous said...

You rock, GF!!! and are so artistic. It looks like the floral arrangements I used to make. You have a great sense of balance.

A gift is a great idea. Here's another, banquet center pieces.

Helen said...

Wow! This is awesome!!! I love your take on the challenge! Your watering can is so detailed and incredible! I love it!
Blessings!
~H

Laurie said...

Absolutely love this project, Kathy! How much fun would it be to get one of these little puppies from a friend? It's guaranteed to give a smile to whomever receives it.

Melanie said...

Kathy, this is incredible! I've not seen a watering can like this before...what a fabulous idea.You have great attention to details...love the pearls!

Melanie

Benzi said...

Love your cute, cute watering can and such a sweet way to be thankful for someone.